25 January 2006

5:55am: My eyes open.

The weekend went by in increments of 10:10am, 12:12pm, 3:33pm, 4:44pm, 11:11pm, 12:12am, and so on.


observation 309.24.09

Things I found in my sister's abandoned duffle bag:

one empty journal
one empty sketchpad with pages ripped out
one old, overwashed bra
one notebook belonging to her disgusting boyfriend
one empty eyeglass case
one self-help book on how to be confident
one set of colored pencils and pens and watercolors
one bunch of magazines from the year 2000
one brown paper bag
one chapstick
one travel bar of soap
one stuffed animal

And one over-photocopied, state-issued set of questions to answer. Like "If there is one thing you could change, what would it be?" Even though several complete strangers in her apartment complex knew the answer as well as the rest of us, it's still hard to see "stop drinking" pencilled in the blank. It makes my throat tighten and hurt.

It also scares me of why I might be thinking about her right now.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home